We have experience in dealing with claims in the courts of New Zealand. Having a good understanding of the court's processes and procedures means we can act quickly to protect your interests and your legal position.
We recognise that litigation can be inherently risky and costly and our focus is on providing practical as well as strategic advice in order to minimise costs where possible. If possible we will negotiate or employ Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques to attempt to resolve the dispute in a timely and cost-effective manner.
We act in relation to the following types of claims:
- Contract and Tort claims - Compensation and damages
- Consumer issues - claims under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Harassment Act 1997- restraining orders
- Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015- cyber bullying, harassment and intimidation
- Injunctions- obtaining urgent restraining or freezing orders
- Restraint of Trade - Enforcement or defending restraint of trade clauses
- Summary Judgment - Obtaining or defending applications for Summary Judgment
- Misrepresentation - Contractual claims relating to misrepresentation
- Misleading and Deceptive conduct under the Fair Trading Act 1986